Need a creative advantage to your job search? I mean, every student in your program gets the same education, how are you going to stand out?
Try these 6 creative techniques!
- Start our job search on social media. By putting your job search out in the open for your friends to see, they network for you. Hey… they might know someone, who knows someone, who needs to hire YOU!
- Advertise yourself: Purchase an ad space in the local newspaper! Sell yourself!
- Go viral! Create a video of yourself talking about your industry or maybe even a “how-to” piece for those of you who are in a creative field. You never know who will see your video after it is shared on social media.
- Work for free! Why not? Especially if you are new to the field and have no experience. Great offer to employers, and an amazing way for you to network as a professional!
- Video resumé: Those of you who are in a “creative field,” making a video resume might be the perfect way to stand out.
- Cold call! Talk directly to the decision maker—that can get you leaps and bounds ahead of the other candidates. Be sure you have your Career Networking Speech ready to go… sell yourself!