Training for a Career
The Medical Billing and Coding program is set up to assist students in training for a fulfilling career as well as complete the MBC certification exam. We go through each subject matter at length to discuss every specialty in coding through a robust curriculum that includes the most recent coding standards by the World Health Organization, ICD-10.
Is a Career as a Medical Office Professional Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical Office Professional Career Training Readiness Score Now!
What Concepts Will I Learn?
The Medical Billing and Coding curriculum teaches ICD-10 and CPT coding, the same standard used in medical facilities today. Areas of study include:
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Software applications in healthcare
- Diagnostic and procedural coding
- Medical insurance
Where Will I Be Qualified to Work?
- Medical offices
- Nursing homes
- Insurance companies
- Mental health facilities
Benefits of Online Classes
- Continue in your profession – Don’t put your life on hold to pursue your new career
- Convenience and flexibility – Study where and when you want
- More comfortable learning environment – Pajamas or yoga pants, active or cozy area, it’s up to you!
- Avoid commuting – Save time, money, and gas
What Skills Will I Learn?
As a Medical Biller and Coder, you will be trained to:
- Read patient charts
- Process patient data such as patient diagnoses
- Treatment records
- Health insurance information
- Manage request for payment from patients or the patient’s insurance company