Become a healthcare professional
Get your Diploma or your Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Health Care Administration
Work in the healthcare field and put your organizational and administrative strengths to good use. In an ever-changing industry like healthcare, well-trained and high-quality administrators are needed as an integral member of the physician’s health care team.
The Health Care Administration program prepares students for:
- Managing front desk operations
- Communicating with patients
- Scheduling appointments
- Electronic billing
- Filing insurance claims
- Handling electronic medical records
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Insurance
- Diagnostic Coding
- Procedure Coding
- Medical Legal Compliance
- Medical Records Administration
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Front Office and Billing
- Health Care Management
Beyond Healthcare - The AOS Degree
- Principles of Business
- Leadership Development
- Introduction to Marketing
- Human Resources
- Business Law
- Accounting Principles
- General Education Courses
- Business Communications
- Business Math
- Principles of Management
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
The Healthcare field is booming and is in great need of professionals just like you to ensure operations run smoothly for everyone. The Health Care Administrative (HCA) medical program develops administrative and office management skills. This program prepares students for entry-level positions at physician offices, medical clinics and hospitals.
Learn the core competencies of the health care administration field such as front office management and basic diagnostic coding. Develop critical skills in scheduling logistics, data entry and handling medical insurance through online lectures and a virtual internship experience. Take your career to the next level with the Associated of Occupational Science Degree in Healthcare Administration. In addition to the core competencies learned int he diploma program, you’ll learn business skills that will help you start on your path to becoming a leader in the field.
The Degree Advantage
The Healthcare Administration program is offered as an Associate of Occupational Science (AOS) Degree program. The advantages of an AOS degree are:
- Be more prepared for leadership and management level positions in the industry.
- Increase your earning potential. Studies show that people with degrees will earn more in their lifetime than those without a degree.
- Enhance your business and communication skills.
- Strengthening your critical thinking, organizational and time-management abilities.