Become a healthcare professional
Get your Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Health Care Administration
Work in the healthcare field and put your organizational and administrative strengths to good use. In an ever-changing industry like healthcare, well-trained and high-quality administrators are needed as an integral member of the physician’s health care team.
Is a Career as a Medical Office Professional Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical Office Professional Career Training Readiness Score Now!
The AOS Health Care Administration program prepares students for:
- Managing front desk operations
- Communicating with patients
- Scheduling appointments
- Electronic billing
- Filing insurance claims
- Handling electronic medical records
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Insurance
- Diagnostic Coding
- Procedure Coding
- Medical Legal Compliance
- Medical Records Administration
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Front Office and Billing
- Health Care Management
- Principles of Business
- Leadership Development
- Introduction to Marketing
- Human Resources
- Business Law
- Accounting Principles
- General Education Courses
- Business Communications
- Business Math
- Principles of Management
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
The Health Care Administrative (HCA) medical program develops administrative and office management skills. This program prepares students for entry-level positions at physician offices, medical clinics and hospitals.
Learn the core competencies of the health care administration field such as front office management and basic diagnostic coding. Develop critical skills in scheduling logistics, data entry and handling medical insurance through online lectures and a virtual internship experience.
The Degree Advantage
The Healthcare Administration program is offered as an Associate of Occupational Science (AOS) Degree program. The advantages of an AOS degree are:
- Be more prepared for management level positions in the industry.
- Increase your earning potential. Studies show that people with degrees will earn more in their lifetime than those without a degree.
- Enhance your business and communication skills.
- Strengthening your critical thinking, organizational and time-management abilities.