Explore a Career in Education
Working with young children is one of the most rewarding career choices you can make.
Young children benefit from having a nurturing caregiver and a safe learning environment in which they take an active role in the learning process. If you are a passionate person who loves working with young children and has a heart for education – the Early Childhood Education (ECE) program is the program for you!
What Will I Learn?
Our program lays a broad foundation of teaching concepts with classes in:
- Art, Language and Literacy
- Child Growth and Development
- Curriculum Development
- Classroom Management
- Family, Community and Early Education
- Planning ECE Learning Environments
- Program Management
- Social Emotional Development and Guidance
Be prepared to work in a variety of childcare facilities including:
- Public and at-home daycares
- Learning centers
Prepare to work in a variety of positions such as:
- Teacher assistant
- Center director
- Owner-operator of at-home center
Benefits of Online Classes
- Convenience and flexibility – Learn where and when you want
- You’ll have easy access to your instructors by phone, email, text, chat, and video conference. Our instructors respond within 24 hours – usually faster!
- Continue in your profession – Don’t put your life on hold to pursue your new career
- More comfortable learning environment – Pajamas or yoga pants, active or cozy area, it’s up to you!
- Avoid commuting – Save time, money, and gas
- You’re always welcome on campus to meet with your instructors in person.
- Take advantage of our campus! Meet with your instructors in person, free wifi, computer lab, lobby, gym and student lounge.
Proud Partner of the CDA
The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education and is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement.
Notable employers of our ECE graduates include:
Community Action Project
Early Head Start/Head Start
Cornerstone Child Development Center
Children’s Learning Adventure