Preparing for an Intern-Externship
When preparing for an intern/externship, all you really think about is practicing the skills you have come to perfect. Not everyone thinks about how they act, dress, communicate, or how they present themselves – as long as you are there to work, nothing else matters, right?
Being good at your profession is high on the list, but being professional while doing that is of the utmost importance. While you are on your intern/externship, you need to think of it as an extended job interview for a prospective employer.
To help you perfect your professionalism and nail your intern/externship we’re going to share the 5 P’s of Professionalism:
- Be PUNCTUAL – Be on time.
- Be PREPARED – Know your stuff. Here is your chance to show them you not only know the skill they need, but you took the time to learn about them and the company.
- Be POLISHED – Look the part.
- Be PARTICULAR – Take your time on your assignments and always do your best work.
- Be PERSISTENT – Ask for tasks, jump in when appropriate – show them you are eager to learn and help!
Check out The Feisty House for more about the 5 P’s of Professionalism.
Remember to always be impeccable with your words, don’t take things personally, don’t make assumptions, and ALWAYS DO YOUR VERY BEST!
More on externships