In order to be eligible for the Founder’s Merit Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
Receive up to a maximum of 100% scholarship to be applied towards tuition.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submit essay and/or other application artifacts as required
- Submit PowerPoint Presentation
- Submit verified proof of volunteer hours
- Provide 2 professional letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation cannot be from Faculty or Staff of Community HigherEd, Community Care College, Clary Sage College or Oklahoma Technical College.
- Maintain 90% attendance and 3.5 GPA to remain eligible
- First Time College Graduate
- When is the application deadline? There are four (4) scholarship rounds every year, and application deadlines are based on the student’s start date.
Student Start Date Application Submission Deadline January 1st – March 31st April 30th April 1st – June 30th July 31st July 1st – September 30th October 31st October 1st – December 31st January 31st
- In a minimum of 1500 words, describe your passion for your chosen field and future career.
- What makes you the ideal candidate for a future career in this field and how will CCC/CSC/OTC help you get there?
- In your response, discuss examples of leadership, prior experience in your desired field if applicable, and contributions to both your future workplace and society in general as a result of this education.
- Must be a minimum of 10 slides showing your brighter future as a college graduate
- Show creativity using visuals to demonstrate your life after college
- Demonstrates research on educational, professional and personal goals set by student
Volunteer/Service Hour Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 hours of volunteer time at a nonprofit organization.
- Volunteer/Service Hours Completion Form completed.
- Hours must be completed within previous 120 days of the scholarship deadline.
All students will be enrolled in a Scholarship Course through My Course Connection at the end of their first week of classes. They can apply for these scholarships through that course