In order to be eligible for the Founder’s Merit Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
Receive up to a maximum of 100% scholarship to be applied towards tuition.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submit essay and/or other application artifacts as required
- Submit PowerPoint Presentation
- Submit verified proof of volunteer hours
- Provide 3 professional letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation cannot be from Faculty or Staff of Community HigherEd, Community Care College, Clary Sage College or Oklahoma Technical College.
- Maintain 90% attendance and 3.5 GPA to remain eligible
- When is the application deadline?There are four (4) scholarship rounds every year, and application deadlines are based on the student’s start date.
Student Start Date Application Submission Deadline December 1 – February 28 March 31 March 1 – May 31 June 30 June 1 – August 31 September 30 September 1 – November 30 December 31
- In a minimum of 1500 words, describe your passion for your chosen field and future career.
- What makes you the ideal candidate for a future career in this field and how will CCC/CSC/OTC help you get there?
- In your response, discuss examples of leadership, prior experience in your desired field if applicable, and contributions to both your future workplace and society in general as a result of this education.
- Must be a minimum of 10 slides showing your brighter future as a college graduate
- Show creativity using visuals to demonstrate your life after college
- Demonstrates research on educational, professional and personal goals set by student
Volunteer/Service Hour Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 hours of volunteer time at a nonprofit organization.
- Volunteer/Service Hours Completion Form completed.
- Hours must be completed within previous 120 days of the scholarship deadline.
All students will be enrolled in a Scholarship Course through My Course Connection at the end of their first week of classes. They can apply for these scholarships through that course