In order to be eligible for the Founder’s Merit Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
Receive up to a maximum of 100% scholarship to be applied towards tuition.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submit essay and/or other application artifacts as required
- Submit PowerPoint Presentation
- Demonstrate proof of financial need
- Submit verified proof of volunteer hours
- Provide 2 professional letters of recommendation
- Maintain 90% attendance and 3.5 GPA to remain eligible
- When is the application deadline?There are four (4) scholarship rounds every year, and application deadlines are based on the student’s start date.
Student Start Date Application Submission Deadline December 1 – February 28 March 31 March 1 – May 31 June 30 June 1 – August 31 September 30 September 1 – November 30 December 31
- In 1500 words, describe your passion for your chosen field and future career.
- What makes you the ideal candidate for a future career in this field and how will CCC/CSC/OTC help you get there?
- In your response, discuss examples of leadership, prior experience in your desired field if applicable, and contributions to both your future workplace and society in general as a result of this education.
- Must be a minimum of 10 slides showcasing why you are the perfect candidate for this scholarship.
- Show creativity using visuals to demonstrate your unique qualifications and attributes that set you apart from the crowd.
- Through your slides explain how your life will change if you are awarded this scholarship.
Volunteer/Service Hour Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 hours of volunteer time in your community.
- Choose a nonprofit organization or a private community member in need.
- Volunteer/Service Hours Completion Form completed.
- Hours must be completed within previous 120 days of the scholarship deadline.