In order to be eligible for the Brighter Future Presidential Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
Receive up to a maximum of 50% scholarship to be applied towards tuition.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submit essay and/or other application artifacts as required
- Submit PowerPoint Presentation
- Demonstrate proof of financial need
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation
- Submit verified proof of volunteer hours
- Maintain 90% attendance and 3.5 GPA to remain eligible
- When is the application deadline?There are four (4) scholarship rounds every year, and application deadlines are based on the student’s start date.
Student Start Date Application Submission Deadline December 1 – Feburary 28 March 31 March 1– May 31 June 30 June 16 – August 31 September 30 September 1 – November 30 December 31
- Describe your career and personal goals that will be accomplished as a result of this education. How would your life change?
- How would you have a brighter future?
- Complete your essay with no fewer than 1,000 words and submit online. Submissions will not be reviewed until all required documentation has been received. Eligible students will be notified by a financial aid representative.
- Must be a minimum of 10 slides showing your brighter future as a college graduate
- Show creativity using visuals to demonstrate your life after college
- Demonstrates research on educational, professional and personal goals set by student
Volunteer/Service Hours Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 hours of volunteer time in your community.
- Choose a nonprofit organization or a private community member in need.
- Volunteer/Service Hours Completion Form completed.
- Hours must be completed within previous 120 days of the scholarship deadline.