The Paralegal Studies program prepares future paralegals and legal assistants to do a variety of tasks that support lawyers, such as administrative tasks, research, client-interviewing, and writing.
Typical Paralegal and Legal Assistant responsibilities:
- Investigate and gather the facts of a case
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles
- Organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Write or summarize reports to help lawyers prepare for trials
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as contracts and mortgages
- Get affidavits and other formal statements that may be used as evidence in court
- Help lawyers during trials by handling exhibits, taking notes, or reviewing trial transcripts
- File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions
Our Paralegal Studies program is Oklahoma’s only 100% online program allowing you the flexibility to learn where and when you want.
With easy access to your instructor via phone, email, text, chat, Skype and in-person, this program is a perfect fit for those looking to complete school on their own time while working or managing a family.