The Paralegal Studies program prepares future paralegals and legal assistants to do a variety of tasks that support lawyers, such as administrative tasks, research, client-interviewing, and writing.
Typical Paralegal and Legal Assistant responsibilities:
- Investigate and gather the facts of a case
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles
- Organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Write or summarize reports to help lawyers prepare for trials
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as contracts and mortgages
- Get affidavits and other formal statements that may be used as evidence in court
- Help lawyers during trials by handling exhibits, taking notes, or reviewing trial transcripts
- File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions
Our Paralegal Studies program is Oklahoma’s only 100% online program allowing you the flexibility to learn where and when you want.
With easy access to your instructor via phone, email, text, chat, Skype and in-person, this program is a perfect fit for those looking to complete school on their own time while working or managing a family.
Curriculum for the Paralegal Studies program is developed and taught by an Oklahoma-licensed attorney and graduate of Harvard Law School.
What Will I Learn?
Paralegal classes include:
- Intro to American Government
- Paralegal Ethics
- Legal Writing and Research
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Real Estate
What Qualifications Will I Earn?
Our program prepares you to work in law offices and in other law-related positions performing a wide variety of administrative, research, writing and client interviewing tasks. This training will qualify you to take support staff positions in the legal field. Support staff can include legal secretaries, legal assistants and paralegals. Paralegals are usually the highest-paid support staff in a law office, and those with the strongest research, writing and analysis skills are most likely to be placed in those roles.
Benefit of Online Classes
- Continue in your profession – Don’t put your life on hold to pursue your new career
- Convenience and flexibility – Study where and when you can
- More comfortable learning environment -Pajamas or yoga pants, active or cozy area, it’s up to you!
- Avoid commuting – Save time, money, and gas
Notable employers of our graduates include:
Adair County District Attorney’s Office
BH Management Services, LLC
Graham, Allen & Brown, P.C.
Legal Aid Services or Oklahoma
Shoemake Law Office, P.C.
Tulsa Law Center LLC
Works & Lentz, Inc.
For detailed tuition information, student outcomes and statistics, view our Gainful Employment Disclosures for a Diploma in Paralegal Studies.
Already have your diploma and want to get into management or start your own business?
Earn your Associate of Occupational Science degree in Business and Industry Management in as little as 10 months! Equip yourself with skills in business, marketing, leadership, management, accounting, and other practical courses that can help you take your career to another level.