As a Medical Biller and Coder, you will be trained to read patient charts, process patient data such as patient diagnoses, treatment records, and health insurance information, and manage request payment from patients or the patient’s insurance company.
You Make the Schedule
By enrolling in the MBC program at Community Care College, you can learn when and where you want in our 100% online program and have easy access to full-time instructor via phone, email, text, chat, Skype and in person.
Training for a Career
The Medical Billing and Coding program is set up to assist students in training for a career, not just a certification exam. We go through each subject matter at length to discuss every specialty in coding through a robust curriculum that includes the most recent coding standards by the World Health Organization, ICD-10.
What Will I Learn in MBC?
The Medical Billing and Coding curriculum teaches ICD-10, the same standard used in medical facilities today. Areas of study include:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Software Applications in Healthcare
- Diagnostic and Procedural Coding
What Jobs Will I be Qualified for?
Our program prepares you to work in many different venues such as hospitals, medical offices, nursing homes, insurance companies and mental health facilities.
Benefit of Online Classes
- Continue in your profession – Don’t put your life on hold to pursue your new career
- Convenience and flexibility – Study where and when you can
- More comfortable learning environment – Pajamas or yoga pants, active or cozy area, it’s up to you!
- Avoid commuting – Save time, money, and gas
The Degree Advantage
The Medical Billing & Coding program is offered as a degree or diploma program. We recommend adding the degree track for the advantages it affords:
- Be more prepared for management level positions in the industry.
- Increase your earning potential, many studies show that people with degrees will earn more in their lifetime than those without a degree.
- Enhance your business and communication skills.
- Strengthening your critical thinking, organizational and time-management skills.
Notable graduates of our program include:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Broken Arrow Family Clinic
Hillcrest Coding Office
Oklahoma Medical Billing
OSU Medical Center
Union Pines Surgery Center