Exercise not only makes you feel good, look good, and relieve stress, but it’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
If this isn’t enough incentive to make you head to the gym a few times a week, I don’t know what is!
Take a look at our Update Your Health playlist below with 10 workouts you can do from the comfort of your home if it’s hard for you to make it to the gym!
[intense_video video_type=”youtube” video_url=”https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcQJmpv92kw7PxwIwEuRrNPFCKB9TPyDc”]
By: Jill Spradlin