The Director for Curriculum & Faculty Development provides leadership and supports excellence in academic programs through faculty development and curriculum design. This position reports to the President and is driven by adult student-centered principles embedded in the Community Care College mission, and core values. The position is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the Colleges faculty has the tools and capabilities to deliver its curriculum, identify and address faculty development, assist with student issues as directed offering support to Department Heads working with the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and address faculty development within the context of the College’s strategic plan for institutional effectiveness, and other academic initiatives
- Take a leadership role in curriculum-related initiatives
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in curriculum design and teaching and learning by reviewing the academic literature and networking with peers and advocating for effective high-impact teaching practices that maximize student learning
- Support faculty and department heads in efforts for onboarding and retaining highly effective instructional faculty members
- Oversee faculty orientation courses in collaboration with Department Heads
- Serve as academic liaison to the College during accreditation visits
- Mentor faculty in areas related to teaching and learning
- Responsible for maintaining an updated Faculty Orientation Manual
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of five years of experience employed in a higher education environment
- Experience in identifying needs, developing, and delivering professional development initiatives
- Experience in curriculum design and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a college-level vision that supports continuous improvement in teaching and learning excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Experience with training and development best practices in online course design and delivery for adult learners.
- Experience in the development and implementation of needs assessments, strategic planning, and program evaluation.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, creative energy, sense of humor.
Fulltime with Manager Benefits, Licensed by OBPVS