In order to be eligible for the Brighter Future Presidential Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
Receive up to a maximum of 50% scholarship to be applies towards tuition.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submit essay and/or other application artifacts as required
- Submit PowerPoint Presentation
- Demonstrate proof of financial need
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation
- Maintain 90% attendance and 3.5 GPA to remain eligible
- When is the application deadline?There are four (4) scholarship rounds every year, and application deadlines are based on the student’s start date.
Student Start Date Application Submission Deadline December 1, 2016 – Feburary 28, 2017 March 31, 2017 March 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017 June 30, 2017 June 16, 2017 – August 31, 2017 September 30, 2017 September 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017 December 31, 2017
Describe your career and personal goals that will be accomplished as a result of this education. How would your life change? How would you have a brighter future?
Complete your essay with no fewer than 1,000 words and submit online. Submissions will not be reviewed until all required documentation has been received. Eligible students will be notified by a financial aid representative.
- Must be a minimum of 10 slides showing your brighter future as a college graduate
- Show creativity using visuals to demonstrate your life after college
- Demonstrates research on educational, professional and personal goals set by student
- 30-45 second video on FINAL slide of Power Point. Tell us who is your hero and why. (you can use your phone or laptop for this).
- Do not go under 30 seconds or exceed 45 seconds for your video clip on final slide.